Modern Trends in Bathroom Remodeling
Today’s busy lifestyle craves for a bathroom that is your energy booster by day, and sanctuary by night. It is a place, where in the morning you can take a much needed wake up shower, comfortably get ready, reflect on the upcoming day and leave ready to take on the day’s challenges. You also want your bathroom to be the place where you can relax after a stressful day, take a long shower or a soak in a tub, to the tunes of a favorite melody and twinkle of candles.
The key to a bathroom like this is to ensure that it is functional, comfortable and is correctly planned.
More and more people are turning to professional designers to ensure that their bathroom is everything they ever dreamed of. So what are the hottest trends in bathroom remodel?
• Jet tubs are being removed or replaced with soaking tubs or free standing tubs.
• Showers are getting bigger and more functional, with recessed storage added for necessities and benches for seating
• Regular shower heads are being replaced with rain head showerheads or double shower heads
• Tiles used in showers are getting larger
• The most sought after colors for tile are neutral with emphasis on natural stone (limestone, slate, etc.)
• Shower curtains give way to glass enclosures to visually enlarge the bathroom
• More light is added to the bathroom. It is no longer just about the vanity or ceiling light. More and more customers add mood lighting, recessed lights, color changing shower heads, night lights, etc. And how about adding some lighting in the shower enclosure so you never find yourself wondering if you got all those hairs while shaving?
• Those ugly heating baseboards are replaced with radiant heated floors and stylish towel warmers. I absolutely love towel warmers – they not only decrease the moisture content in your bathroom making sure the air stays dry, but they also eliminate the problem of cold, wet, smelly towels. There is nothing better than getting out of the shower and grabbing a nice warm towel.
Stay tuned for more tips and tricks to come.